13.4.04

Night of the Dine & Dash
I have never understood -- nor will I ever -- understand why people insist on eating/dining in groups of 20 and expect separate bills. Next time, I will stand my ground and say "Separate checks? Sure, if you leave me your ID." School was out for these kids, and I CAN call them kids because they're all born after 1981. It’s great when members of the group trickle in at different times and insist on ordering at different times. Really. I was so busy with this group that another party of three snuck out without paying for their wings and drinks. When the time came to close the big party, I ended up with three bills unaccounted for. There was no fucking way I was going to pay for these three, ON TOP OF the other three who had snuck out earlier. That would have been close to $100 out of my pocket. Jackasses. Takes a real asshole to dine-and-dash. I had given up on the first three, but these three with the big party were NOT going to get away with it, especially since I got barely any tips from the rest of their gang. (Marz, didn’t we JUST discuss mandatory gratuities? Gah.)
None of the remaining party guests wanted to cover for their friends. “They’re probably at the Chili Pepper. We'll go down there and tell them to come back.” Hah.
So off to the Chili Pepper my boss and I went. Found two out of three. Most of the dinner gang was there. They weren't all that cooperative. "It’s not our problem they didn’t pay their bill. So fuck you."
"No, fuck you. That comes out of my pocket."
The first girl was surprised. “Gee, I thought I’d paid!” Right you did.
A friend paid for the absent D&Der.
The third girl saw me and tried to avoid me. When I finally caught up to her through the crowd, she didn’t seem surprised. “Oh. I don’t have any money! Guys? Does anyone want to lend me money?” Unbefuckenlievable. This trip down to the Chili Pepper saved me $70.
It’s not our fucking problem they didn’t pay their bill.
In the end, I took home roughly ten dollars. I didn’t care. I was just glad to get out of there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home